Presorting Drum TRZ3500
On August 12, 2015 the new Presorting Drum TRZ3500 was put into operation at Baetsen in Son. The presorting drum is developed and produced completely in-house. The deployment of a presorting drum in a sorting installation has several advantages and increases the sorting efficiency of the installation.
- Fewer disturbances because large parts do not end up in the rest of the sorting process. This reduces system downtime and therefore increases the production time.
- Higher sorting efficiency, because of increasing capacity. Where previously the large parts were, there is now room for smaller parts.
- Pure fractions because of a wider view on the inspection belt. In addition, it prevends the sorter for throwing a large pile of mixed materials in the dump section at one time.
In addition, a presorting drum has several advantages over a mobile crane:
- Fewer and simpler presorting work by a mobile crane, which in some cases has led to a reduction of a mobile crane.
- Improved presorting by a presorting drum compared to a mobile crane.